We hope you love the products we recommend and just so you know that as an Amazon Associate CoyoteHunting.org may earn from qualifying purchases.
Finding the best light for coyote hunting at night can significantly enhance your night hunting experience.
You’re going to need specialized predator hunting lights, otherwise you will spook your target and end up spoiling all your effort. A good coyote light is meant to help you ‘spot’, and not ‘spook’ your target.
In this guide, we’ll explore top-rated lights that professional hunters swear by. If you don’t want to read to the end, here is what we found to be the best light for coyote hunting at night:
TOP PICK! – The Best Light for Coyote Hunting at Night is…
Orion M30C Red or Green 377 Yards 700 Lumen Long Range LED Hog Predator Varmint Hunting Light Flashlight Kit – Mounts, Remote Pressure Switch and Rechargeable Set
**Just make sure you choose the RED option. It’s the best spotlight for coyote hunting**
Short Summary of How to Select the Best Coyote Light Brand for Hunting
- Choose the optimal coyote hunting light based on color, battery life & recharging, and mounting style.
- Invest in a high-quality light with adjustable zoom/focus, weather resistance and durable construction for maximum effectiveness.
- Utilize recommended lights plus tips such as scouting & using predator callers to increase nighttime hunting success rates.
The options (scroll down for the reviews):
Table of Contents
Features to consider when choosing the Best Light for Coyote Hunting at Night
Selecting the best light for coyote hunting at night is crucial to your hunting success. The right light will help you detect coyotes before they become aware of your presence, giving you the upper hand in the darkness of the night.
But how do you choose the best light for your needs? Let’s dive into the key considerations when it comes to color options, battery life and recharging, and mounting styles.
Color Options for the Best Spotlight For Hunting Coyotes
The color of your coyote hunting light plays a vital role in your success.
Red and green are the optimal colors for coyote night hunting lights due to their higher wavelength, providing a buffer from the cut off of the light wavelengths that their eyes can perceive.
Green light offers an improved contrast of the animal against the woods compared to red light, although not as much as white light.
However, white light significantly affects peripheral vision and can be detected by coyotes from a considerable distance, making it less suitable for coyote hunting.
So, which color should you choose?
It ultimately depends on your individual preferences and hunting conditions. Popular options for changing hunting colors include the Wicked Lights A67iC Predator Pursuit Pack and the Wicked Lights A67iC Night Hunting Gun Light. These options allow for easy color changes depending on your hunting situation and personal preferences.
By choosing the right color light, you’ll significantly increase your chances of spotting and successfully hunting coyotes at night.
Best Light for Coyote Huting at Night – Buyers Guide
Having explored color options, battery life, and mounting styles, let’s dive deeper into the quintessential features that elevate a coyote hunting light from good to great.
Adjustable zoom and focus, weather resistance, durability and construction are all crucial elements that can significantly impact the effectiveness of your light and, consequently, your hunting success.
With a solid grasp of these features and by choosing a light that embodies them, you’re well on your way to a successful nighttime coyote hunting adventure using the best spotlight for hunting coyotes.
Consider whether a standard light suffices or if a model with extra features aligns better with your hunting style.
Most probably your type of hunting or your hunting ground will determine if you need a basic light or if a light with extra features will be best for you. Since a light with extra features is more likely to cost more, ask yourself if you really need the extra features or not.
Let’s explore these features in more detail.
Clearly, the best light for coyote hunting at night would be one that aptly covers your desired range without a hitch.
Aim for a light that covers ranges of 100-200 yards, even though some manufacturers claim a reach of 500 yards.
You will also need to check the lumens also.
To do this, check the video footage of the light you are buying this will let you know beforehand the brightness and range the light will cover.
Durability and Construction
Lastly, the durability and construction of your coyote hunting light are of utmost importance.
High-quality materials, such as aircraft-grade aluminum and clear glass lenses, should be used in the construction of your light to guarantee sturdiness and longevity.
The Wicked Lights A67iC Predator Pursuit Pack, for example, is constructed from anodized and precision-machined T6 Aircraft grade aluminum.
A well-constructed and durable light will not only withstand the rigors of hunting, but also provide consistent and reliable performance in the field.
By selecting a coyote hunting light with robust construction and durability, you’ll ensure your investment stands the test of time and supports your hunting endeavors for years to come.
You will need to look for a light that is sturdy and can take a bit of bashing and throwing around. It should be able to last you a long time series of hunting escapades.
Be prepared to dig deeper into your pocket though for a light with quality construction.
Adjustable Zoom and Focus
Adjustable zoom and focus are essential for a versatile and effective coyote hunting light.
This feature enables you to modify the beam of light to concentrate on a particular region or to zoom out to encompass a broader area.
By adjusting the zoom and focus, you can pinpoint and track a timid coyote without startling it, while also increasing the intensity just before firing the shot.
The ability to switch between spotlight and floodlight modes can greatly improve your chances of success in the field.
A spotlight can reach targets at extended distances, while a floodlight expands the field of view, permitting easier searches for targets.
By choosing a hunting light with adjustable zoom and focus, you’ll benefit from increased versatility and adaptability during your nighttime coyote hunts.
Coyote hunting often takes place in various weather conditions, making weather resistance an essential feature for a high-quality hunting light. Weather-resistant features available include waterproofing, splashguards, and other protective coatings.
For example, the Predator Coyote Reaper XXL is designed to be fully waterproof, ensuring it can withstand wet conditions.
By investing in a weather-resistant hunting light, you’ll ensure you’re prepared for any situation and can continue hunting regardless of the elements.
Don’t let adverse weather conditions ruin your hunting trip – choose a hunting light that can withstand the test of time and nature.
Battery Life and Recharging
Battery life is a critical element to consider when selecting a hunting light for night coyote hunting. A good quality light should have a long battery life to ensure it lasts throughout your hunting trip. The Nitecore P30 Hunting Light is designed for extended use. It comes with a 4000mAh battery, which promises up to 40 days of runtime. You should also consider the charging time and whether the light uses rechargeable batteries. The initial charging process for the Nitecore P30 requires at least 6 hours, but subsequent charging times are reduced. This ensures your light is always ready for action when you are.
Some coyote hunting lights, like the Coast FL75 Hunting Light, require AAA batteries, while others, like the Nitecore P30 Hunting Light, are compatible with 18650 and CR123A batteries.
When selecting a coyote hunting light, consider its battery life, charging time, and the type of batteries it requires to ensure it meets your hunting needs.
Mounting styles for coyote hunting lights include scope mounted lights, which are typically more convenient than rail-mounted lights. The Ulako Green Predator Hunting Light, for instance, offers a Picatinny rail mount or fast release for clamping to a barrel or scope.
When choosing a mounting style, consider the ease of use and your hunting preferences.
A switch on a cord or a pigtail that attaches to the gun close to the trigger assembly or forward grip is recommended for a predator hunting light. Incorporating a switch on the cord facilitates easier access to the light while maintaining a grip on the gun.
Remember, it’s essential to refrain from using rifle-mounted hunting lights as flashlights directed towards hunting buddies to avoid inadvertently shining the light in someone’s eyes. By selecting the right mounting style and practicing proper light usage, you’ll enhance your coyote hunting experience and increase your chances of success.
How much are you willing or able to spend on a hunting light? It is important that you strike a balance between real quality and the affordability of the light. However, we recommend that you be prepared to spend more and invest in a quality light which will give you value for your money.
The Best Light for Predator and Coyote Hunting at Night:
This is a light with three interchangeable LEDs. The LEDs are for green, red and white light. This light’s intensity can be controlled using the unlimited setting. It offers hunters with a visibility of 400 yards. Actually, this is the best option.
The light can be zoomed to give a precise focusing. You may also defuse the light as you may desire. It offers you good value for your money.
The following are some of the features that make this night light one of the best light for coyote hunting at night:
- Full intensity control – This feature allows for unlimited control of the light intensity. This feature also allows the user to turn the light directly to an intensity level they may desire.
- Lifetime warranty – It comes with a limited lifetime warranty so you can be assured that the manufacturer of this light has great confidence in the product.
- Adjustable mounting hardware – This eases mounting the light and you won’t be struggling with mounting the light. The mounting kit can be adjusted to any elevation or windage which suits your sightseeing or scope.
- Unique zoom – since it uses a technology known as “scan-and-kill”, you are able to focus and defuse the light as you may desire.
- Water resistant – This is a hunting light which is water resistant and it can also function perfectly in either very hot or cold environments.
- Interchangeable LEDs – The light comes with a three LED interchangeable design for green and white light.
- Sturdy construction – This is a light which can withstand bashing and falling since it has a quality sturdy construction.
- Offers you with a 300-yard visibility.
- Rechargeable batteries that come with a car and wall charger.
- A good battery life and an extra battery which can be used as a backup.
- An easy to mount hardware which the light easy to mount on any weapon.
- Unlimited intensity setting.
- Zoom focus can be changed from zooming to flooding.
The only real thing to consider is how inconvenient it might be when you want to change the color used in the lens.
This is a light which comes in either green or red color; the choice is yours though for coyote hunting we will review the red-predator tactic hunting light. It comes with different mounts you can choose from.
It produces a good beam as compared to most lights in the market. It offers you a visibility range of close to 300 yards. The light comes with an additional intensity control switch.
It is a strong light which is built to last and it also comes with a battery extension tube.
What are some of the features of this light which makes this coyote light the best for you next hunting night?
- Interchangeable LED bulbs — You can switch the LED bulbs to a color of your choice.
- Adjustable Focus – Something that not every brand sports for predator hunting.
- Intensity control switch – This is an additional feature which lets you control the light’s intensity to your desired level.
- Silent on and off – meaning your predator hunting won’t be disturbed with noise that will startle your prey.
- Long Range Predator Hunting – Gives you a visibility range of up to 300 yards.
- A good battery life.
- Functions perfectly even in cold weather.
- Sturdy construction.
- Comes with different mounts. This makes it possible to be mounted on your weapon.
- The batteries are rechargeable and a wall and car charger are included in the package.
The halo shield is smaller, this means that it is a little less bright compared to some of its competitors.
- In-built halo shield – The light eliminates unnecessary backlighting since it offers a firm grip. This is because it has an in-built rubber sized halo shield which keeps it in place.
- Full intensity control – You can spook the animals less and then gradually increase the light intensity.
- Zoom focus bezel – This amazing feature enables you to change the width of the beam to flooding from zoom.
- User replaceable LEDs – You can switch the LED colors in seconds which is a great feature for a light of this class.
- Identifiable reflection range – With a 500 yards identifiable eye reflection range, you can spot your targets’ eyes from afar.
- It comes with an adjustable elevation lock knob.
- A rubber sized halo shield which is inbuilt which helps prevent light spills.
- An elastic clothe head-band which can be adjusted.
- Offers you with full intensity control.
- It allows you to change the zoom focus to flood from zoom.
- Interchangeable light, you can switch to a different colored light swiftly.
- A good battery life.
- It has a good quality build and sturdy construction.
The halo shield has little power compared to its competitors in the market and the warranty is a little short.
This is the most durable, waterproof and best light for hunting coyote at night. The light has four setting brightness. It can fit in a variety of gun models since it comes with barrel mounts, rail mounts, and scope mounts.
Its batteries are rechargeable and the will last you four hours of non-stop full brightness.
NOTE: Be sure to select the ‘RED’ light option.
- Reliability – Being both waterproof and impact proof, you really can rely on this hunting light no matter the conditions while you’re out hunting!
- Dependable and comprehensive warranty – With a warranty of 10 years, the manufacturers are very confident of their own product. But even if you do have an issue, it won’t be an issue getting it sorted!
- Huge Beam distance – This light has a visibility range of close to 270 yards and a maximum brightness of 300 lumens, you won’t miss a thing!
- Best red light for coyote hunting – In our humble opinion, the red option on this light is the best light for coyote hunting at night.
- It has a good battery life.
- Can be mounted on almost all rifles.
- It can identify coyotes well at a range of more than 250 yards.
It is important to note that this light does not feature a zoom to focus the light in or out.
Hunting coyotes can be more exciting when you are using the best light for hunting coyotes at night. The light you choose needs to meet some specification to give you a rewarding experience.
For coyotes, the red light is preferred to the green for obvious reasons. From the review above, we can see the importance of choosing the best light for hunting coyotes at night.
We recommend the Wicked Lights-W403iC RED since it comes with a number of desirable features. The visibility range of this light is also good enough for hunting.
Remember, coyote hunting need not be complicated as some people make it appear. Just get the right gear, familiarize yourself with the terrain, get the right light, get the best calling sequence for coyotes at night along with the right sight… and keep the noise down. Simple eh..
Tips for Successful Coyote Hunting at Night
Armed with the knowledge of the best coyote hunting lights and their essential features, it’s time to put this information into practice and improve your nighttime hunting success. To help you make the most of your hunting experiences, we have compiled a list of valuable tips for successful coyote hunting at night. These tips include scouting and preparing your hunting ground, using a predator caller, and proper light aiming techniques.
By applying these tips and utilizing the recommended hunting lights, you’ll be well on your way to mastering the art of nighttime coyote hunting and achieving greater success in the field.
Scouting and Preparing Your Hunting Ground
Scouting and preparing your hunting ground is essential for maximizing your chances of success. By researching the area and locating signs of coyote activity, you can identify the most suitable locations to hunt and set up your equipment. Consider setting up a hunting blind or stand, which can help conceal your presence and provide a stable platform for shooting.
Remember, successful scouting and preparation of your hunting ground will not only improve your chances of encountering coyotes, but also ensure that your time is used efficiently. By putting in the effort to scout and prepare, you’ll be better equipped to capitalize on your hunting opportunities and increase your overall success rate.
Using a Predator Caller
Utilizing a predator caller is another valuable tactic for increasing your chances of success during nighttime coyote hunts. A predator caller is a device designed to replicate the sounds of prey animals to draw in predators such as coyotes. By employing a predator caller, you can entice coyotes into your location and increase your chances of a successful hunt.
When using a predator caller, be aware of which call to use depending on the setup, terrain, wind, and predator population. For example, when attempting to call in a double or triple coyote, switch to a pup distress-like high pitch sound after the initial shot is fired to elicit a response from a coyote that has not been heavily pressured.
By mastering the use of a predator caller, you’ll be able to enhance your hunting capabilities and increase your chances of success.
Proper Light Aiming Techniques
Proper light aiming techniques are crucial for successful nighttime coyote hunting. Ensuring your light is aimed correctly can help you gain visibility of coyotes before they become aware of your presence, giving you a significant advantage. One technique for utilizing a handheld light is to use it for searching and scanning, transitioning to the mounted light when a target is identified.
It’s essential to keep the coyote hunting light on a dim setting to reduce the chances of the animal detecting any changes in its environment. By mastering proper light aiming techniques and using the recommended hunting lights, you’ll be well-equipped to track and hunt coyotes successfully during nighttime hunts.
Keep Your Light Slightly Above Your Target’s Head
Using a good red light, you can catch your targets’ eye glints from a range of 500 yards. Keep the light steady if you are also using a caller since the light might cast confusing shadows.
Talk to the people around the area you will be hunting. They might have some useful information about the coyotes’ movements. Again if you will be going out with your friends to hunt, communicate your hunting angles so that everyone will know where to place their rifles. Safety for everyone should be your number one concern.
In conclusion, choosing the perfect coyote hunting light is a critical aspect of successful nighttime coyote hunting. By understanding the essential features of high-quality hunting lights, such as adjustable zoom and focus, weather resistance, durability and construction, you’ll be better equipped to select the best light for your needs. Our top picks, the Orion H30 Hunting Light, the Odepro KL52Plus Zoomable Hunting Flashlight, and the Nitecore P30 Hunting Light, along with additional recommendations, provide an excellent starting point for finding the perfect light. By applying the tips and recommendations shared in this guide, you’ll be well on your way to mastering the art of nighttime coyote hunting and achieving greater success in the field. Good luck and happy hunting!
Frequently Asked Questions
What color light is best for coyote hunting at night?
Coyote hunting at night with red light is preferred over the green light for the following reasons:
– A red light is less likely to distract you from natural night light since it’s mellow and more suffused.
– A red light blends with your surrounding better since its more natural compared to a green light.
– It also keeps you hidden since it casts fewer reflections compared to a green light. This gives you a better chance to aim better and make a clean kill.
– A green light might give you a better vision but a red light will make the eyes of the coyotes to standout. This helps a lot when it comes to aiming for a clean kill.
What color light attracts coyotes?
How many lumens do you need for coyote hunting?
Can you use green light for coyote hunting?
How many lumens do I need for night hunting?
The right light can make all the difference when it comes to night hunting. With the right light, you can easily spot game and have a successful hunt. A light with 1250.
Can coyotes see red light?
Wavelengths of 660 nanometers are too far away from the 540 nanometer high end of what they can see.
A such, coyotes cannot make out objects illuminated by red light.