We hope you love the products we recommend and just so you know that as an Amazon Associate CoyoteHunting.org may earn from qualifying purchases.
Plano’s Field Locker Double Rifle Case is a wheeled hard case designed for heavy-duty use, such as military-grade operations, hunting trips, and conventions. Compared to similar hard cases like Pelican, it is slightly cheaper, yet is still built extremely tough. This article will discuss the pros and cons of the Plano Field Locker Double Rifle Case and its features.
Features of the Plano Field Locker Double Rifle Case
The Plano Field Locker Double Rifle Case is 56.3 inches long, 18 inches wide, and 7.25 inches thick, providing plenty of extra room for rifles, pistols, and magazines.
It also features ultra-wide latches that are very heavy-duty, with a rubberized overmold on the part that ensures a comfortable and firm grip.
Additionally, it has a pressure gauge lock or pressure release valve for flying at altitude, making it perfect for hunting trips or conventions. The hinges are also made of metal with a thick gauge wire going through them, ensuring that they won’t pop off.
Pros of the Plano Field Locker Double Rifle Case
- One of the main benefits of the Plano Field Locker Double Rifle Case is that it is built to last, making it ideal for heavy-duty use.
- It is cheaper than many other heavy-duty hard cases, making it an excellent option for those who are budget-conscious.
- It also has easy-glide wheels, making it easy to transport, and the locks are reinforced with metal, ensuring that the case is secure.
Cons of the Plano Field Locker Double Rifle Case
- One downside of the Plano Field Locker Double Rifle Case is that it is relatively heavy, weighing in at 27.1 pounds, making it difficult to carry for an extended period.
- Another potential issue is that some users may find it too large for their needs, although this is subjective and dependent on individual requirements.
The Plano Field Locker Double Rifle Case is a heavy-duty, wheeled hard case that is perfect for those who need to transport their rifles safely. It is built extremely tough and is slightly cheaper than many other heavy-duty hard cases on the market, making it an affordable option for those on a budget. While it may be relatively heavy and large for some, it provides plenty of extra room for rifles, pistols, and magazines, making it an excellent investment for those who require a durable and reliable hard case.
If this doesn’t quite meet your needs, or you would like to check out some other options, read our article about the Best Hard Rifle Cases.