We hope you love the products we recommend and just so you know that as an Amazon Associate CoyoteHunting.org may earn from qualifying purchases.
Out there in the wilderness, you need to use the hunting boots in any weather condition. Humid conditions or wet conditions can lead to unhygienic hunting boots. Consequently, there might be a foul odor in your hunting boots. It is essential to maintain the boots in a hygienic condition.
Only once you do so will you be comfortable.
Today we will share the answer to the question of how to eliminate foul odor in hunting boots.
How to eliminate foul odor in hunting boots?
We will share with you a step-by-step way to eliminate such odor from your hunting boots.
- The first thing is to wrap a bit of bicarbonate soda in a thin cloth. You have to keep it in your hunting boots. You should keep it in the hunting boots for at least 12 hours.
- After doing so, you can place blotting paper inside the shoes. You have to add some cloves to it. It can mask any odor with its own fragrance.
- After a few hours, you have to remove the same and keep the shoes in an airtight plastic bag. You have to keep the plastic bag in the freezer for 3 to 4 hours. It will kill the odor-causing bacteria right away.
- Once you have done so, you have to dry the shoes in your balcony or in your lawn.
These four simple steps will certainly help you eliminate the foul odor in hunting boots.
In case your hunting boots can handle water, you can use this alternative method as well. The alternative method will certainly help you clean the boots inside out. Once you do so, you will not have to worry about odor.
- You have to first and foremost, rinse your boots from outside. For the inside, you have to use a damp cloth to wipe them clean.
- Thereafter, you have to create a mixture of water in commercials and Tiller. You have to spread all over the boots.
- Once you do so, you have to let the boots dry for a few hours.
- After that, you have to remove the insole and wash them with detergent. You have to make sure that the detergent is scent-free. After that, you have to let the insole dry as well.
- If you do not want to spend hours drying the boots, you can buy an extra pair of boots. Once you do so, you will be able to dry the boot in no time.
These are the two methods that you can use to eliminate foul odor from hunting boots.
To prevent foul odor, there are a few precautions that you can take as well.
Precautions to eliminate foul odor in hunting boots:
The precautions that you need to undertake are:
- Choosing the right socks:
You always have to choose fresh socks. You have to ensure that there is no odor in the socks. If you wear smelly socks and wear the hunting boots, the boots will develop foul odor.
- Allow the boots to dry:
Whenever you wear the boots, socks, or feet get wet; you have to dry them. Only once they are dried, there will be no water and wetness inside the boots.
- Inspect your boots from time to time:
Many boots are susceptible to mildew, algae, and so on. You have to inspect the boots from time to time. The purpose of the inspection is to ensure that there is no growth in the boots. If there is any growth, you have to use disinfectants to eliminate it. Doing so will ensure that odor will no longer be a problem.
- Regular odor elimination:
At the slightest hint of order, you have to use any of the above two methods to eliminate water. If you do not do so, the odor will become stronger over time. Due to this reason, every time you use your hunting boots, you have to check them for odor.
Once you take these precautions, you will ensure that your hunting boots do not develop any foul odor.
In case they still do, you can use any of the methods we have highlighted above to eliminate odor. Both of these methods are incredibly effective. In a nutshell, after going through this article, you need not worry about water in hunting boots at all. You can always have hygienic hunting boots for your next hunting trip. It certainly eliminates the need to have a spare pair of hunting boots as well.